On this episode, host Keri Shull presents at the HyperFast Digital Dive Deep Event on how to land more off-market opportunities using sixteen different strategies. Learn how to gain an advantage and differentiate yourself as an agent, by executing on these smart strategies.
- If you want to differentiate yourself, go out and find off-market properties.
- Off-market opportunities are a huge attraction to buyers.
- If you can create these opportunities, you will own your market.
- People will refer you more business when you find them a home they could not have found without you.
- An off-market property is a property that is not listed on the MLS.
- Your job is to be proactive and to find what your buyers are looking for.
- Look at who the absentee owners are. Reach out to landlords and ask them if they'd consider selling.
- Use Zillow to find people who are trying to sell homes themselves, contact them, and try to get your clients in the door.
- Imagine you find the right property in the tax records. Do a letter drop and target those specific sellers. The more specific you are in your letter, the higher your callback rate will be.
- Use Craigslist. There are still FSBOs who put their homes on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace.
- FSBOs and FSBO websites are a good place to find off-market listings.
- Also look at vrbo.com and airbnb.com because some of those people are not able to get income right now.
- Befriend gatekeepers. They can be powerful referral sources when you provide value to them.
- Keri always gave little gifts to the person at her front desk. Look out for gatekeepers and have their back.
- Top agents can help you get deals done. Based on the criteria your buyers want, you can sort sold listings and then sort by the agents and call or text them and ask what they have coming up in that neighborhood.
- Builders who are prominent in a community meet with many sellers.
- Builders will give you plenty of opportunities if you build a relationship with them and refer back to them.
- Remine is a tool you can use to search. Call your MLS and ask if they have Remine.
- Remine takes data and layers it based on the habits they've seen for consumer spending.
- Remine can help you reduce your cost on farming based on data.
- All of this is giving you the power to influence sellers to think about selling and to influence your buyers by proactively letting them know how you're handling challenges.
- Expireds and withdrawns are worth checking in on. Try to procure those opportunities for your clients.
- Look at probate records. There is a legal right for you to request information from the county.
- Social media is an obvious place where you can post about buyers with a need.
- Tell your SOI what you are looking for.
- Some local companies post the listings they have that are coming soon.
- When you use these strategies, you will have something valuable to share with your clients about what you're doing on their behalf.
- Hire a VA if you're too busy to execute on these strategies on your own.
3 Key Points:
1. Finding off-market opportunities will help you dominate your market.
2. There are many places to find off-market opportunities for your clients. It’s your job to be proactive.
3. People will refer you more business when they know you can help in a proactive way.
- “I believe that if you cannot do off-market business, the value proposition that you offer buyers up-front is weak.” – Keri Shull
- “People will refer you more business when you find them a home they could not have found without you.” – Keri Shull
- “It's appealing to the seller to imagine an easier process when they're selling their home.” – Keri Shull
- “Don't let your people just sit on the sidelines right now. It does not make sense.” – Keri Shull
- “If you're proactive you're solving everybody's problem and elevating your value to everyone in the equation.” – Keri Shull