During the HyperFast “Hangover” Event, hosts Keri Shull and Dan Lesniak speak with Rock Thomas, a best-selling author, motivational speaker, and coach about how to succeed regardless of what’s happening around you. This episode will inspire you to find your personal path for success.
- Rock Thomas reinvented his identity at 40 when he was diagnosed with alopecia.
- We need to reinvent ourselves today in the current business climate.
- Many people right now are doubting their own beliefs.
- Look around you and think about what you can use that is available to you.
- Look for opportunities instead of being consumed by fear.
- The most important thing is to decide what you are going to focus on.
- It is your job to find your path for success.
- Rock tells the story of how he overcame adversity in 2006 when a huge business transaction fell apart.
- We all have a money blueprint. Your bank account reflects your blueprint.
- When he lost 1.8 million dollars Rock went out, became an agent again, knocked on doors and sold 65 homes in 9 months.
- Consistently go after success and you will succeed.
- Many people do not decide to succeed.
- Decide right now you're going to win through the pandemic.
- Become an expert at something.
- Own the experience and show that you're a problem solver.
- If you're not lit up, then find a way to put meaning into what you're doing.
- Think about what you're going to do with the money you're going to make.
- Find a way to run your brain that excites you.
- Find a group of people that will hold you accountable by encouraging you, supporting you, and challenging you to be your best.
- Success happens over time.
- Rock is constantly looking for people with energy that are curious about life, then he invites them to join his world.
- Be courageous enough to look for the people who will motivate you.
- Say yes to challenges.
- Taking on a challenge in one area will strengthen your ability to take on challenges in other areas.
- Rock has trained himself to be ready for opportunities.
- Lead with service first.
- Serving others helps you build up emotional equity.
- The fortune is in the followup.
3 Key Points:
1. You can decide now that you will succeed.
2. Find a way to get excited about what you’re doing.
3. Train yourself to be ready for opportunities.
- “A leader uses everything around them.” – Rock Thomas
- “Make a decision that there is a path for you that is filled with success.” – Rock Thomas
- “You've got to find a way to run your brain that lights you up, that gives you leverage, that excites you.” – Rock Thomas
- “People that are leaders lead with service first.” – Rock Thomas
- “What you focus on in life, you feel.” – Rock Thomas