In this episode of The Hyperfast Agent Podcast, hosts Dan Lesniak and Keri Shull present at The HyperFast Sales Summit, sharing 8 strategies to grow your business, no matter what the market is doing. Listen in to hear why now is the time to pivot your strategies, not pause them.
- Coronavirus has put a large decision in front of all business owners, whether to pivot or pause their business.
- Dan and Keri were in different parts of the country when the country began to shut down.
- Keri could not find a hotel to stay in when she was trying to get back home to Dan.
- People’s reaction to the coronavirus shutdown reminded Dan of the reaction to 9/11.
- Keri and Dan had to rewrite the script for their ISAs to book appointments via Zoom or in-person.
- For many business owners, webinars and Zoom began to take the place of seminars and in-person meetings.
- Switching to Zoom appointments essentially eliminated the dropoff in Dan and Keri’s meeting numbers.
- Paying attention to the little things and making your processes more efficient will go a long way.
- Dan and Keri have invested hundreds of thousands of dollars to learn from the best about content marketing.
- Catching a 5 am train to Tony Robbins’s event, Unleash The Power Within, was well worth the trouble.
- Even though Tony Robbins is not a real-estate specific coach, getting in the room with those people saw Dan and Keri’s income double in the next year.
- Since going to Tony Robbins’s event, Dan and Keri have attended a plethora of high-performance events.
- Keri prioritized following someone that had already done something that she wanted to do.
- The ability to quickly assess situations and take action is the best way to adapt and grow.
- Dan has had to make transitions in life that involve a lot of risks, especially during his time as a submariner in the military.
- The best time to figure out the best course shift for your business is not after tragedy strikes.
- Waiting for perfection will leave you stuck in the same place forever because it will never happen.
- It’s important to analyze and study the numbers all the time because you never know when the change is going to come.
- Your hopes and dreams sit just outside of your comfort zone, so become comfortable with being uncomfortable.
- Keri has learned, the difficult way, that this business is about giving back to others and nothing can be taken personally.
- The most successful people in the world have been willing to fail more than everyone else.
- People in your life help you solve problems, so try to focus on the “who” instead of the “how”.
- Being told that he couldn’t sell gave Dan the motivation to become successful in the real estate game.
- Most agents hit a limit depending on a multitude of factors, but you can’t let yourself stay in that place.
- Get very clear on where your time goes each week and figure out what tasks you can delegate.
- When growing your team, it’s going to take more work upfront but prioritizing long-term results will get you there.
- Segmentation, targeting, and positioning are the keys to get maximum leverage in your area.
- Handling the stressors of business and life at the same time can be made easier by setting your ideal schedule.
- Learn from those that have thrived when the market was in different states, even if it’s not in your industry.
- You can do it all to a point, but if you want to scale, get out of your own way.
3 Key Points:
- After years of holding face-to-face appointments, Dan and Keri were hesitant to switch to Zoom, but they knew they had to.
- Deciding to take the financial risks that come with going to high-level coaching events ultimately put Dan and Keri in the right rooms and saw their income skyrocket.
- The most successful people in the world are not afraid to get uncomfortable because they know that the more they fail, the closer to their dreams they will get.
- “No matter what the market is doing, transactions are always happening. Buyers need to buy homes every day. Sellers need to sell homes every day.” - Dan Lesniak
- “We actually decided to grow the team. We did not cut back on marketing.” - Dan Lesniak
- “Sometimes to put yourself in the right room, there’s risk.” - Keri Shull
- “I couldn’t have a mentor who I didn’t also value the life they had because it wouldn’t make sense to me.” - Keri Shull
- “If you’re always feeling safe and comfortable, there’s nothing changing in your life...When you push past the fear, that’s where you start to learn, that’s where you start to grow.” - Dan Lesniak
- “Scale is always about having the right people.” - Keri Shull