During Episode 68 of The HyperFast Agent Podcast, host Dan Lesniak offers life advice and business tips that can help you prepare for anything. He discusses how we need to prepare for anything to happen at any time, how to take advantage of popular news headlines, and tips about selecting the right work environment for the tasks at hand.
- Dan experienced an unpleasant surprise this week. A rat jumped on him, scratched him, and ran away.
- Be prepared for anything at any time.
- You never know what’s going to happen, where it’s going to happen, or when it’s going to happen.
- Be grateful for what you have and what you’re doing.
- Focus on the positive.
- News-jacking is simply taking a popular headline and using it as a hook to get to your main point.
- Scan the headlines. See what’s hot and use that as a hook.
- After you have someone’s attention, then pivot to the story and get to your offer.
- Dan chose to work from home on a day when he needed to get a lot of focused work done.
- Be intentional about the environment you set.
- You may need a variety of different work environments for different tasks.
- You may want to work in a loud environment sometimes, such as a coffee shop.
- Other times you may want to be working in the office to collaborate.
- Dan had an amazing day of productivity deliberately choosing to work from home.
- Make sure you are setting the right environment for your workplace.
- Set your work environment based on what you need to accomplish.
3 Key Points:
- Anything can happen at any time. Be grateful for what you have and what you’re doing.
- News-jacking is a way to use popular news headlines to grab attention and then pivot to your story.
- Choose your work environment based on what you need to accomplish.