During this episode of The HyperFast Agent Podcast, host Keri Shull, talks to Rett Harmon, Founder of Novus Century 21 in Carrollton, Georgia. Rett shares his vision for his brokerage and how he was inspired to incorporate video into his long-term marketing strategy during a real estate conference. Harmon found a way to differentiate his brokerage from competitors by leveraging video to demonstrate his support for the communities he serves.
- Rett Harmon started Novus Century 21 in Carrollton, Georgia when the place he wanted to work didn’t exist.
- Rett chose “Novus” for the brokerage’s name because it means new and exceptional in Latin.
- Rett was an early adapter to video. At a 2011 NAR Conference, Harmon attended a video class given by Brian Copeland and knew video was something he wanted his brokerage to pursue.
- At first, the process of making videos took too long. Rett had to overcome perfectionism to produce videos.
- When Rett Harmon started Novus in 2014, he was looking for ways for the brokerage to differentiate itself and to go outside the norm.
- Video became the key to being seen as a community expert. It was important to focus on community content from the very beginning.
- The videos Novus produces focus on community building. These videos feature local businesses and community happenings. They always keep their content very local.
- Offer consistent content on a regular basis and have fun doing it.
- Endorsing people you know is a win-win for everyone.
- Even if you feel like you’re late to the game and haven’t started producing video content for your business yet, there’s still a lot of content that needs to be shared. It’s not too late.
- If your effort comes from a real and sincere place, it will eventually pay dividends.
- Keri Shull feels that video is great for recruiting. It offers insights to your prospective agents. The fact that people can see what you’re doing online provides a ton of value.
- When starting out producing video, just don’t limit yourself. Go big and have fun with it.
- The key to making your videos entertaining and engaging is to tie random things you love to real estate.
- If you talk about things that you believe in on camera, that will come across as very natural. People buy natural.
3 Key Points:
- Being a connector and endorsing people you know is a win-win for everyone when producing community content.
- Video can be a great recruiting tool because it helps agents see what your brokerage is doing.
- If you want to create entertaining content that gets watched, talk about things you genuinely care about or have an interest in.