During this segment of HyperFast Wealth, Dan Lesniak and Sunil Saxena speak about the many benefits of attending meetups, conferences, and mastermind groups. This episode will show you a great way to grow your wealth faster by learning from other people who have already achieved what you want to accomplish.
- The quickest way to learn from other people is to go to events.
- Sunil learned so much about real estate by going to these events.
- When beginners ask Sunil how to get started, he always recommends attending events.
- Some meetups are free. There you will get free education, the chance to network, and you may also learn about opportunities to access paid education.
- Sunil estimates that he has spent $100k on real estate education.
- There are more formal educational options as well. Sunil mentions courses from CCIM, homebuilder’s association training programs, and the Urban Land Institute.
- Dan has benefitted from peer groups or masterminds, whether or not they're specific to real estate.
- Some masterminds are informal and others are paid. Usually, the better ones are paid.
- There are also master's degrees that relate to real estate, such as a master's degree in real estate development.
- Dan says that business schools offer some classes on commercial real estate but that in his experience, he didn't see much material that was related to residential real estate.
- Sunil tells the story of how he advised an eighteen-year-old looking to get into the business. This gentleman went to a recent meetup, learned some of the techniques they were teaching about wholesaling, saw other people that had done it, and did it.
- Take the time to learn about different models for success in real estate then choose the model that fits you.
- Sunil has met many people at meetups, that have been instrumental in his career.
- You might make a few hundred dollars, or even a few grand reselling collector's items, but there's nothing like real estate.
- There are many different ways to make money in real estate.
- It helps to see people who are doing it.
- Dan shares the example of teaching his son to swim and how helpful it can be to see other people doing what you want to do.
- Meetups can provide education, motivation, and networking.
- You might have great projects but need capital. You could find that capital at a meetup.
- You might have the capital and need a good project to deploy it in.
- Sunil shares the story of how he was turned down by an agent the first time he proposed the idea of investing in rehabs. At meetups, he found others that were interested in rehabs.
- If you want to get started, just start going to events.
- If you want education, motivation, and networking opportunities, go to a real estate meetup.
- Start learning and your growth will accelerate.
3 Key Points:
1. The quickest way to learn from successful people is to attend events.
2. Attending events will give you education, motivation, and networking opportunities.
3. When you attend events, you will get a glimpse into what is possible for your business.
- “The first step is to look at all the models out there.” – Sunil Saxena
- “There are just so many ways to make money in real estate, it's just a matter of going out there and finding something.” – Sunil Saxena
- “I can't stress enough that if you want to get started, just start going to any events you can think of." – Sunil Saxena
- “If you want the education, the motivation, the networking, get out there, get to a real estate meetup.” – Dan Lesniak
- “I've met so many people who have been instrumental in my development and career and I met them at meetups.” – Sunil Saxena