On this segment of HyperFast Wealth, host Dan Lesniak interviews Trevor McGregor, a real estate investor that has gone into self-storage and hemp farms. After establishing his own real estate investment success, Trevor began coaching those around him and eventually found his way to coaching on Tony Robbins’s team, completing over 25k coaching calls! Listen to hear why Trevor thinks the path to mastery is to keep it simple.
- Trevor does a lot of real estate investing in his home of Vancouver where he lives with his wife and 3 sons.
- Out of college, Trevor went to work for a hospitality business in which he invested his entire life’s worth.
- Initially, a coach introduced Trevor to real estate where he discovered cash flow and built a large portfolio.
- With so many people asking how he did it, Trevor started to coach other people to do the same.
- Trevor had the pleasure of coaching with Tony Robbins and his team for over 5 years, conducting 25k coaching sessions.
- How Trevor responded to his initial investment failure ultimately led him to the position that he is in now.
- Self-education through events, books, and audio gave Trevor the knowledge he needed to dig himself out of a hole.
- Building off the fundamentals is important in real estate as there is really nothing new in the process.
- Trevor focused on finding deals that were mutually beneficial which allowed him to teach others to leverage the same skillset.
- Expanding across multiple asset classes has allowed Trevor to create multiple streams of income.
- Trevor has been able to surround himself with people that have shared their high-level knowledge of different asset classes.
- The best way to achieve success is to find people who have already done what you want to do.
- It’s equally as important to find and learn from people who have failed at what you want to do.
- Through his coaching, Trevor has come to identify 5 mistakes that many people make that lead to failure.
- Wasted time adds up more than you realize; the most successful people use their time for the important tasks
- Take an honest inventory of your personal and professional practices to see if you are slowing yourself down.
- Sometimes an outside perspective is what is needed, and that’s where a coach can bring value.
- Even after achieving great success, Trevor still has a business coach and an accountability partner.
- Coaches can assist you in making a larger impact on the world while creating the life that you really want.
- New investors should seek out people who have already done it to avoid a lot of strife.
- Trevor tries to avoid investing with emotions, rather than raw data, to avoid making unwise investments.
- During his free time, Trevor likes to chase adrenaline by traveling all over the world with his family.
3 Key Points:
- After establishing his own real estate investment success, Trevor began coaching those around him and eventually found his way to coaching on Tony Robbins’s team.
- The fear of failure often prevents them from ever finding success. Failure is how you become who you are meant to be.
- 5 things that people do that lead to failure: limiting beliefs, lack of a strategic plan, lack of support systems, poor time management, and lack of execution and course correction.
- “A setback is often a setup for a comeback.” - Trevor McGregor
- “Oftentimes we are just 3 feet from gold.” - Trevor McGregor
- There is a ton of uncertainty, that’s for sure...You don’t know what you don’t know until you know.” - Trevor McGregor
- “I like to fly in airplanes where pilots have flown planes before. I like to go on cruises where the captain knows how to steer a ship...The path to mastery is simplicity.” - Trevor McGregor