During Episode 73 of The HyperFast Agent Podcast, host Keri Shull speaks with Lana Rodriguez, who closed 204 transactions by referral, last year alone. Lana shares her strategy for building referral business even when you don’t have a big network, how to hold events your clients and their friends will love, and why it can be so important to attend events. You’ll also learn about an exciting limited opportunity to work directly with Keri Shull.
- Referral business is Lana’s bread and butter.
- Her team completed 204 transactions by referral last year.
- Pay attention to the people in your phone database.
- Lana created a list of everyone she met and divided them into three categories based on how likely they were to refer her to someone.
- She had just moved from Texas. The first thing she did was change her phone number to a Colorado number and let everyone know.
- The reaction she received to that message helped her gauge each contact’s interest.
- She stayed in touch with people who could unlock a lot of potential.
- Lana tells the story of a client she farmed for four years.
- As a new agent, it can be hard to keep going but it’s important to persevere.
- It doesn’t matter whether you have a big network.
- Events are Lana’s pride and joy.
- You can do a simple event with wine and cheese at your house for a couple of hundred dollars.
- This year, Lana will host a pumpkin patch and a formal gala.
- Her future goal for events is to find sponsorships.
- The cost per person for her pumpkin patch event is about $15 per person.
- A few weeks ago Lana took 60 clients to a Backstreet Boys concert.
- Lana uses videos to promote herself using a digital mayor strategy.
- Videos are the most engaging way to stay in front of your audience.
- Lana’s caring for her clients and her magnetic personality has helped her to grow a team quickly.
- Lana describes how she found Keri.
- Keri tells us about a new coaching opportunity with her.
- Everyone struggles in business.
- It doesn’t matter where you are in the growth cycle, there are challenges.
- You are not alone.
- Attending events can help you when you’re feeling unsure about your path forward.
3 Key Points:
- Lana unlocked massive referral potential by examining all of her contacts and dividing them into groups based on who was most likely to refer her.
- Pay attention to your clients’ interests and hold events that relate to them.
- When you’re struggling in your business, persevere. Consider attending an event to be with others who have been in that position before.