Keri Shull speaks with Bubba Mills of Corcoran Coaching, one of the most successful coaching companies in the country. They discuss their philosophies on coaching and accountability, the problems that keep a business from expanding and how to overcome them, and some of the techniques one can use in delegating and training listing agents.
- Corcoran Coaching approach to real estate, mortgage, and small business coaching
- The same mentality applies to growing both small and larger businesses
- Two key traits essential to success in the industry
- The importance of the role of the buyer’s agent
- How fear of both failure and success get in the way of growing a business
- Expanding the business can give you the drive to do what is needed to support the larger business
- How can someone who already is leading a large team take their business to the next level
- How boredom serves as an obstacle
- Leaving production is a growth step
- Marketing/growth role potentially more valuable than listing
- Value of people who have “been there, done that”
- The steps taken at Corcoran for hiring a listing team
- Why there is value in giving listing agents more independent space
- How to give listing agents effective feedback
- The fundamental importance of accountability
3 Key Points:
- Accountability is a fundamentally important tool; even a coaching company needs coaches of its own, because accountability always provides external perspectives.
- Fear of both success and failure is often the biggest obstacle to someone who wants to grow their business.
- Taking the leap to hire new team members can be an important step that gives you the motivation to grow your business to match its employee numbers.