In this episode of The Hyperfast Agent Podcast, we listen as Dustin Brown, from the Keri Shull team, presents at the HyperFast Sales Summit. Dustin shares how ISAs can book appointments no matter what obstacles they encounter to convert more leads!
- Dustin is an ISA (Inside Sales Agent) Manager and started with the Keri Shull team 5 to 6 years ago.
- Throughout his career, Dustin has sold in just about every fashion, but his favorite strategy is over the phone.
- Many people do not like to make phone calls and that makes it difficult to be successful at phone sales.
- Even though he is a manager for roughly 12 ISAs, Dustin still makes sales calls every day.
- Do whatever you can to call the lead as soon as possible and answer the phone whenever it rings.
- People love when you call them as soon as they submit their information on your website.
- If you take your time calling leads back from Realtor.com, you will constantly get beat by other agents.
- Most agents, when they find out they get beat, have a habit of letting the lead go right then and there.
- Don’t let flashbacks of bad experiences over the phone stop you from pursuing leads that have already been contacted.
- You’d be surprised by how many people that have just bought a home are looking to sell another property.
- It’s inevitable that you’re going to get voicemails and rejections, but the important thing is that you dial.
- Be ready to adapt and pivot over the phone because you don’t know their current circumstances.
- Don’t dance around their request, if they want to see a house then book a showing appointment.
- Sometimes the fix is as simple as just following the script that has been laid out for you.
- Use open-ended questions so that they begin to open up and you can find out the important information.
- When you come across someone that is in a bad mood and giving tiny answers, just keep asking questions.
- People want to know if sitting on a phone call with you is worth their time.
- While agents can’t email out offline properties, they can still have buyers in to talk about those properties.
- Dig deeper when they don’t answer your question by asking in a different way.
- Try to build their excitement to the point that they actually ask you for the appointment.
- Get the promise by consistently reiterating the value and checking their listening effort.
- Use your list of leads and call count to determine how many appointments you should be booking every day.
- Great ISAs can be found from a plethora of different backgrounds, especially restaurant and retail.
- Dustin likes to leave vague messages that pique the curiosity of the lead enough to get a callback.
3 Key Points:
- Dustin saw over-the-phone sales as an opportunity to provide value in an area that most people can’t stand.
- It’s crucial to have your leads sync up with your CRM. You can’t ever assume how often someone is going to move or what properties they are looking to sell.
- When talking to a lead or setting up an appointment, you are looking for 2 things: timing and motivation.
- “I figured if I could get good at something that people don’t like to do, it could be valuable.” - Dustin Brown
- “Have your leads sync with your CRM automatically...We have leads that inquired with us years ago.” - Dustin Brown
- “I see a lot of ISAs and buyers’ agents ask for the appointment too early.” - Dustin Brown
- “Throw every punch with murderous intent.” - Mike Tyson
- “If they don’t respond, then you still have some work to do because this person is probably not listening to you.” - Dustin Brown
Tags: Dustin Brown, ISA, how to convert leads, HyperFast Sales Summit, HyperFast, HyperFast Academy, HyperFast Agent, HyperFast Agent Podcast, HyperFast Agent Coaching, Keri Shull, Keri Shull real estate, Keri Shull coaching, Keri Shull podcast, Dan Lesniak, Dan Lesniak real estate, Dan Lesniak coaching, Dan Lesniak podcast, Keri Shull Team, Orangelinelivingteam, real estate, real estate coaching, real estate training, real estate career, real estate entrepreneur