During the HyperFast “Hangover” Event, host Keri Shull speaks with Abbey Gibb about how to stand out and lead with value in a community space. Learn how you can make subtle shifts that will give you more opportunities to connect with clients through the media.
- Abbey Gibb was on TV for more than a decade. She won an Emmy for her investigation into child sex trafficking. She found herself in the #metoo movement and now runs her own media consulting agency.
- Before Keri gave her first public speech she practiced with Abbey on FaceTime.
- Abbey describes some of her image consulting services.
- Abbey spoke to Keri about shaping her hair to feel on-brand and on-trend.
- Understand your colors and learn what makes your coloring stand out.
- Keri wears a lot of deep blues, royal blues, and purples.
- Your hair, hands, and clothes are the visual factors to focus on.
- Abbey suggests accentuating either your eyes or lips with makeup, but not both. She also recommends either wearing a necklace or earrings, but not both.
- When you feel your best, that will affect your energy.
- Keri shares about her initial resistance to wearing a center part.
- If you want to set up a call, you can do a deep dive with Abbey about your messaging and branding.
- With Abbey, you'll learn ways to start popping above the radar.
- Get yourself up and dressed and back into the flow.
- Value is the currency of connection.
- Offer content people can learn from to add value.
- When you lead with value in a community space, you create connection.
- Connection is why people begin to love you and want to buy from you.
- Abbey thinks radio is a wonderful opportunity once people are commuting again.
- Reach out to your local television shows.
- TV is a wonderful step for connecting with your community.
- Most of Abbey's clients do TV within a week of working with her.
- Get into community Facebook groups.
- Reddit is where the Millennials hang out online. Repurpose your LinkedIn content there.
- Once you provide value, offer a free breakthrough call.
- Create a three video email series to use for followup.
- Abbey shares effective examples of how to use the three video series.
- TikTok is a wonderful place right now because there's no set standard.
- Abbey coached Keri on how to be herself on video.
3 Key Points:
1. Looking your best will positively affect your energy.
2. Lead with value to encourage connection.
3. Use radio, television, Facebook groups, and Reddit to get in front of your community.
- “We can really use the power of media to really help and empower and change and create positivity in this world.” – Abbey Gibb
- “The first big piece is getting yourself out of the funk.” – Abbey Gibb
- “Right now is the best time ever to be trying to pitch for TV.” – Abbey Gibb
- “You're worthy of getting up there and being a rockstar.” – Abbey Gibb
- “Everyone has a story and almost no one knows how to sell it.” – Abbey Gibb