During Episode 67 of The HyperFast Agent Podcast, host Keri Shull speaks with Dale Archdekin, Founder of Smart Inside Sales, Coach, and proclaimed “Follow-up God”. They discuss how to engage prospects with interesting content on a consistent basis, the questions salespeople should keep front of mind, and maintaining a positive mindset.
- Many real estate agents struggle with follow-up. Dale has strategies to overcome this obstacle.
- First, assume that everyone who you know is going to do business with you at some point unless they explicitly tell you otherwise.
- One way to keep the communication going and to follow-up regularly is to share content with your prospect.
- You don’t have to share original content. Share content that you would share with a friend.
- For example, share a cool room makeover you found or a taco spot you enjoy.
- No ask, just send the link.
- Even if you don’t have time to create content, you can send out this kind of content.
- All you need to do is take ten minutes and find something cool.
- Communicate things in an interesting way that will be a magnet to your prospect.
- You can batch this type of content. Spend one day and gather all of the links you’ll need for a year, then revisit.
- Keri describes her blitz day.
- It’s just about creating a cadence of communication.
- Keri took her children to ten parks in one day and videoed it. This example can be executed in similar ways for other segments.
- The three principles Dale teaches everyone are now, sooner, or logical next step.
- The now step is all about figuring out if we can make something happen now as opposed to later.
- Now, sooner, or logical next step is a way of taking a prospect through their timeline and meeting them at their goal.
- If you want to be more profitable, either make more money or spend less money, or spend the money on more productive things.
- Am I putting out the activity required for what I want to achieve?
- Keri and Dale draw an analogy comparing real estate to romantic relationships.
- Your ability to meet your goals depends on your mindset.
- Agents need to overcome the anticipation of being told no.
3 Key Points:
- Assume that everyone you meet, and have contact information for, is someone who will eventually do business with you, unless they explicitly tell you otherwise.
- You don’t have to create your own content. Recycle interesting content and put it in front of your prospect as a part of building the relationship.
- Assess your mindset. If necessary, overcome the anticipation of being told no.