During Episode 71 of The HyperFast Agent Podcast, host Dan Lesniak speaks with Jeff Latham of Latham Realty Unlimited, one of the biggest real estate teams in Washington state. They discuss why you should build a team, how to move past failure, and why it’s important to focus on the opportunities you’d like to have.
- Jeff Latham is a husband and father of three, who competes in ultra-marathons in addition to owning several businesses.
- He dropped out of community college when he realized real money could be made in real estate.
- Jeff and Dan discuss what you don’t learn in college.
- In 2008, Jeff hired his first coach.
- Getting coaching and going to events is just going to pull you forward.
- When building his team he started with buyer’s agents, then ISAs, then admin.
- You hire great people, then get them involved in coaching and coach them.
- Jeff delegated his weaknesses.
- Leverage your network to find good people to hire.
- Ask your network for help to grow your business.
- The most important things are time, freedom, and profit.
- Make sure you’re tracking the right metrics.
- They discuss good reasons to hire.
- Hiring creates so much opportunity for growth.
- Your team is a reflection of yourself.
- It takes a lot of people to grow a great profitable team.
- People are afraid of failing and looking bad.
- Failures in your expansion will lead to success in your later expansion.
- If you focus on investing, opportunities will show up.
- You have to have a clear intention coupled with flexibility.
- We are creators unconsciously creating the lives that we have.
- The most difficult thing about life is realizing how easy it is.
- New realtors should focus on profit, helping other people, and having a work ethic.
- Experienced realtors should start investing.
- Jeff’s advice to investors is to buy more real estate.
- The biggest mistake Jeff made in his career was pulling himself completely out.
- His advice to an experienced investor is to learn from someone who is doing it better.
- His next big goal was the 50-mile race he ran with Dan.
3 Key Points:
- There are many great reasons to hire. Hiring enables massive growth and creates so many opportunities.
- People are afraid of failing and looking bad, but failing will lead to your success.
- When you focus on something, opportunities show up.