During this episode of The HyperFast Agent Podcast, host Dan Lesniak speaks with Kyle Russell, an agent who built his business quickly and is on pace to do thirty-six deals this year. Kyle built his career on customer service and leveled up when he joined a team that focused on training and creating the right environment for high performers.
- Kyle has built his career on customer service. Before becoming a realtor he worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car and Edward Jones.
- He describes how he began his real estate career and what he was looking for from his first brokerage.
- Once you're the smartest person in the room, you're in a place where your growth is limited.
- When you're a first-time agent, you don't know what you don't know.
- After gaining some experience, you will start to identify where you need to grow.
- Kyle compares selling real estate to selling point-of-sale insurance and investment products.
- It's easier to sell something that people can see.
- Real estate is a much more complicated transaction.
- Kyle says that the beginning of his real estate career was awful.
- Dan reiterates that this is not an easy industry when you're first starting off for most people.
- Kyle faced the transition of going from a steady paycheck to an unpredictable income.
- He speaks to witnessing the amazing feeling people have when they buy a home.
- In the second year, Kyle could tell there was something he didn't know that he needed to know, which is when he went to the Keri Shull Team.
- Training made all the difference for Kyle and he started performing at a higher level.
- Dan emphasizes that you need the right environment to perform at a high level.
- Kyle’s biggest challenge as an agent is dealing with many different personalities.
- He describes the rewards of staying in touch with a family for three years and helping them eventually find the right home.
- His biggest mistake is lack of follow up.
- Kyle advises new realtors to get help and to seek training.
- Kyle shares where he would like to be in five years.
3 Key Points:
1. Training is vital in everything that you do if you want to be good at it.
2. Working in the right environment will help you achieve more.
3. If you want to grow quickly, don’t try to do it all by yourself.
- “Once you're a couple of years in, I think it's pretty easy to see where your growth needs to go.” – Kyle Russell
- “I truly make friends. I truly have people that can help me out afterwards and that I can help out afterwards.” – Kyle Russell
- “It's not an easy business but you need to be able to get it as easy as you can get it.” – Kyle Russell
- “You need people around you that will push you, that will collaborate with you, that will compete with you.” – Dan Lesniak
- “You need the training, but you need the championship environment.” – Dan Lesniak
Kyle Russell bio, Instagram, Facebook