On this episode, host Keri Shull speaks with Ruth Krishnan at the HyperFast Digital Dive Deep Event about how to leverage Facebook groups for leads. This episode will help you think about how to find groups where you can make an authentic contribution that will allow you to build your business.
- Ruth Krishnan generated 15 million dollars last year off a Facebook moms group that she was in.
- Many lead-gen tactics can take a long time. Facebook groups generated leads for Ruth very quickly.
- Ruth is the mother of two boys and being part of a moms group came up organically.
- Moms groups ask for a lot of opinions and referrals.
- She saw she could fill a need in the group when there were many real estate questions.
- Ruth noticed that another realtor posted about whether people would like a market update. She then hosted a meeting and realized that she needed to first make an offering.
- Ruth shares about her background in interior design and how that adds value to her business.
- As a value proposition to the Facebook group, she offered to teach people tips and tricks for elevating their spaces.
- She messaged them separately, gathered their emails, sent an email with event details, and re-advertised it to the Facebook page.
- Twelve families came to the event and they did a Facebook Live to the group.
- She gained four clients from that event.
- She's always trying to figure out what kind of content people respond to.
- Authentically marketing after capturing emails is very important.
- Be active in the groups in a genuine way.
- Ruth is creating evergreen content that can live on her site forever.
- Creating content has been fulfilling for Ruth during this time.
- Finding a way to put your content into Facebook groups is another way to continue providing value for the community.
- Ruth is doing all of her interviews over Zoom right now. Usually they are 20-30 minutes long.
- Having interviews transcribed is really good for SEO.
- Ruth uses her personal page in the Facebook groups.
- Ruth is in two main moms groups. One is a very active group with 12k members.
- When someone says they're interested in an event, she will DM them, friend them, and get their email address.
- You can rank highly in search engines by providing good content.
- Ruth moves towards her strengths and that continues to bring her business.
3 Key Points:
1. You can leverage Facebook groups in your community to generate leads.
2. Engage authentically in the groups you’re in.
3. Look for ways to offer value to the group through providing relevant content, hosting events, and identifying needs within the group.
- “I was in front of thousands of people talking about something that was interesting to them and just building value.” – Ruth Krishnan
- “I think it's important that whatever group you're participating in, it's a genuine thing where it's a fit.” – Ruth Krishnan
- “I don't flood my personal page with tons of real estate content.” – Ruth Krishnan
- “Everyone who knows me, they know I want to meet other people who are in high places.” – Ruth Krishnan
- “I think the best part of this business is that we don't have to reinvent the wheel.” – Ruth Krishnan