During this episode of the HyperFast Agent Podcast, host Keri Shull speaks with Jonathan Chvala, a new agent on her team, that has ratified nine deals since starting his real estate career in January 2020. He shares how he has achieved this level of success in such a short period of time by leveraging open houses, utilizing scripts while making them his own, and projecting confidence.
- Jonathan, at twenty-two years old, began his real estate career in January, 2020. He has ratified nine contracts during that time.
- He emphasizes that it’s all about how you portray yourself with clients.
- During this uncertain time, he focuses on angling their perspective and acting with confidence.
- He is reminding his clients that right now, they have no competition. He is also reminding them they can do virtual tours online.
- Acknowledge where they are coming from while also telling them about the advantages of proceeding.
- Jonathan shares his lead sources for his first nine deals.
- Open house leads have been strongest for him, and have had the highest price point.
- At the open houses, he is trying to show them that he's knowledgeable, likable, and trustworthy.
- It may sound inconvenient, but taking those two hours on a weekend can help you generate leads.
- Get to know where people are coming from at the open house, and empathize with them.
- Everyone has their own internal reason why they think they can't succeed. Jonathan isn’t letting his age or inexperience get in the way.
- Letting people know that you have access to off-market opportunities can be very helpful at an open house.
- Jonathan speaks about the value of the training he received on the team.
- Pretend that people are asking why they should hire you even if they're not saying those words.
- Saying a script in your own words, with confidence, simply requires practice.
- Buying or selling a home is a very emotional process for people and helping them to manage their emotions is part of the job.
- They discuss his success with calls.
- Because everyone is in quarantine, more people are available to answer the phone. Start building your pipeline for summertime.
- New agents succeed quickly on the Keri Shull team due to the systematic training offered there.
3 Key Points:
1. Open houses can be a great lead source if you take the time to empathize with buyers and learn what they want.
2. Learn scripts that will prepare you for any situation, and then make them your own.
3. Remember that the process of buying and selling a home is emotional. Part of your job in the process is to be there for your clients.
- “It's all about the way you portray yourself with your clients.” – Jonathan Chvala
- “You're interacting with opportunity if you're putting yourself at the open house.” – Keri Shull
- “When you can solve their problem better than anyone else, they feel a lot of confidence there." – Keri Shull
- “I know the words to say, but then I'm going to say it in my own way.” – Jonathan Chvala
- “Your ultimate service to people, and the reason they will refer you and become raving fans, is because you step up in their lives and become somebody that's there.” – Keri Shull
Jonathan Chvala: Instagram