During Episode 79 of The HyperFast Agent Podcast, host Dan Lesniak speaks with Mike McCarthy, a husband, father, author, and serial entrepreneur. McCarthy shares how he lives his abundant life by design. You’ll hear about his recruiting work in the early days of Keller Williams, how his Gobundance mastermind group changes lives, and how to get closer to becoming your authentic self.
- Mike McCarthy was a broker’s son and grew up in the industry.
- He enjoyed the opportunity to work alongside his father.
- He found he was his own biggest challenge.
- If you want to live an abundant life, you need to get over yourself a little bit.
- Mike shares about the entrepreneurial school his children attend.
- He’s an example of living life by design.
- We can all learn from entrepreneurs.
- McCarthy discusses the early days of recruiting for Keller Williams and selling franchises.
- He truly believed in what he was selling, knowing people were buying the opportunity to become millionaires.
- Having excellent mentors kept him on track.
- Mike and Dan discuss the importance of mastermind groups.
- Gobundance is a mastermind where successful men support and uplift each other.
- Accountability is hard-wired into our mindset.
- People want to be part of a tribe and a village.
- Being around successful people will help you move up.
- If you really want to get better at something, you need to get into the right environment.
- Gobundance is filled with people who want to thrive in all aspects of life.
- HyperFast was designed to help you get around the right people, learn more about how to build and scale your real estate business.
- Dan and Keri spent over 40 days this year attending other people’s events.
- Tribe of Millionaires is written as a parable.
- People learn best from stories.
- If you don’t like where you are, you need to hang out with new people.
- There is someone else nearby that has goals and aspirations.
- Talk to a lot of people. Build your own pod. Start talking about your goals.
- You find your true self among those you trust.
- The people around you are a mirror that help you see yourself more clearly.
- Psychological safety is the #1 driver for team's performance.
- The closer you come to your authentic self, the easier it is to achieve your goals.
- In gobundance they do five year visions because it is just far enough out to make it real.
- Your family wants your time, not money.
- Connection is key to life.
- You need to grow personally to be a great real estate agent.
- Make sure you meditate.
- Invest in the person before you do the deal but always do the due diligence on the deal.
- The accomplishment Mike is most proud of is his family.
- Don’t build a one generation legacy.
3 Key Points:
1. McCarthy designs his life with intention and provides an example of a life lived by design.
2. Mastermind groups can help you level up by surrounding you with successful people who can support and motivate you.
3. When you align with your authentic self, it will become easier to reach your goals.
- “At the end of the day if you want to live an abundant life you need to get over yourself a little bit.” – Mike McCarthy
- "I believed in what we were doing so much that I just knew we were going to be creating millionaires." – Mike McCarthy
- “Accountability is hardwired into our mindset.” – Mike McCarthy
- “We spent almost 40 days this year going to other people's events.” – Mike McCarthy
- “Trust is the key ingredient to find and align with your authentic self.” – Mike McCarthy