During today’s episode, Dan Lesniak speaks with Matt Leighton and Shawn Battle, experts in video and social media marketing for real estate. They share how they gained confidence in front of the camera, where they find inspiration for engaging videos, and why video marketing is definitely not going anywhere.
- Shawn and Matt share what led them to pursue careers in real estate.
- Always remember that you'll meet people at open houses.
- Connect with your sphere on a weekly basis.
- Initially, Shawn felt resistant to video, but Matt knew it was a good idea.
- As you become more comfortable in front of the camera, you’ll come up with fun ideas.
- Shawn got into a hot tub while wearing a suit in a house for one fun video.
- Not every video will be funny, but they can get the property some attention.
- They share how the idea for the Valentine's Day video came about.
- The goal with a listing video isn’t necessarily to sell the house. It’s to get attention.
- Their gimmick is that they're always in suits.
- Doing videos weekly will build your confidence level.
- You can use video as a portion of your listing presentations.
- Videos allow you to stay in constant contact with your sphere.
- Remember to market your actual listings and not just yourself.
- During the pandemic, more people have relied on video and 3D tours. This is a trend that is not going to go away.
- Look at what the best agents in the country are doing and incorporate that into your business.
- If you're doing a good job with your marketing and you impress someone, you will get a referral.
- Your first video might be bad but it will help you make progress.
- Don’t worry about perfection. You’ll get better each time.
- The attention cycle is short. You have room to make mistakes and to learn from them.
- Many agents are afraid of standing in front of the camera. Decide that you don't care what other people think of you.
- Shawn and Matt share where they find inspiration for their videos.
- There's not just one way to make video work for your business.
- Get started by turning your phone around and filming yourself.
- New agents need to develop the self-confidence to be on video.
- A good video will keep doing work for you while you do other things.
- New real estate agents should find a mentor.
- Don't be scared to put your name out there.
- It's a mistake to be too transactional. Care about people genuinely.
- Remember to find a niche to focus on.
- Documenting the process is huge when creating content.
- People will watch long videos as long as they're entertained and learn from watching it.
3 Key Points:
1. Video can be used to target the attention of a hyper-specific local market.
2. The key is to get in front of the camera. Just get started.
3. When you create video on a regular basis, it’s easy to stay in front of your sphere.
- “You become more comfortable in front of the camera. You come up with fun ideas.” – Shawn Battle
- “The goal is to get people's attention. It's not necessarily to sell the condo.” – Matt Leighton
- “If you have a portfolio of fifty amazing property videos and you go into your next listing appointment, that is marketing on its own.” – Matt Leighton
- “We're not going for perfection. We're going for a little bit better every single time.” – Shawn Battle
- “Once you put a good video out it's working for you forever.” – Dan Lesniak