On this segment of HyperFast Wealth, Dan Lesniak interviews Monika Jazyk, a mother of 4 who has built an incredible real estate portfolio in the last 10 years. Now, she looks to have a positive impact on the lives of as many people as possible by sharing her knowledge. Listen to hear why Monika says you shouldn't be trading your time for money; instead, make your money work for you!
- Monika knows that even though she has 4 kids, everyone is just as busy as her.
- How you choose to use your time determines the impact that you make and what your life looks like.
- If she is not spending her time giving value to those around her, Monika doesn’t see the point.
- Real estate is the best way to create passive income that allows you to earn while you sleep.
- People need to stop trading their time for money and find a way to make their money work for them.
- Neither Monika nor her husband have ever been licensed real estate agents, though they work with many.
- Monika and her team find those that want to build wealth in their area and connect them with their investment agents.
- Too many agents sacrifice their time while giving up some of their commissions at the end of the day.
- A desire to build wealth for her family led Monika to real estate investing with an 8-month old baby at home.
- Society had made it, for the most part, too expensive to live on one salary.
- Monika could see that the traditional way of financial planning was not going to meet their goals.
- Rich Dad Poor Dad taught Monika the importance of real estate and getting money to work for her.
- Monika has taken it upon herself to educate other women about their finances and building wealth.
- Real estate gives investors the advantage of being in control as opposed to stock investors who can simply buy or sell.
- At the beginning of the pandemic, Monika took advantage of the extra time to learn about investing through an online course from Yale.
- Monika and her husband made so many mistakes at the beginning of their real estate journey that they wrote a book about it.
- Monika’s first property investment, a ski rental property, brought a plethora of challenges and difficulties.
- Investing in real estate education took money that Monika and her husband did not have at the time.
- The initial process of real estate investing took Monika on the route to bankruptcy and caused her to create drama around herself.
- Many investors make the mistake of doing too much too soon when taking it slow is better.
- To get rich, you have to focus on strategically growing your money, but that doesn’t mean you have to be working all the time.
- Collecting rent is just the icing on the cake of real estate investing; property appreciation is the real prize.
- Monika is working on growing her program membership so she can add value to as many people’s lives as possible.
- 80% of Americans do not make enough money to live the lifestyle that they desire.
- COVID has put everyone on an even playing field and has made many people more resilient.
- Monika suggests that new real estate investors put time and money into their education.
- In 10 years, Monika plans to move to a more cottage lifestyle with a big house on the lake where she can focus on her work.
3 Key Points:
- Time is the same for everyone, from the biggest CEOs to the moms at home with 4 children. How everyone uses their time is very different.
- Traditional financial planning isn’t enough to keep up with the growing cost of society. Real estate is simply the best tool to build wealth.
- Investing a large amount of money in real estate investing education brings a lot of pressure to complete a large number of transactions.
- “Everyone is equally busy and everyone has the same 24 hours in the day to make do with.” - Monika Jazyk
- “If you don’t find a way to make money while you sleep, you are going to work until you die.” - Warren Buffet
- “No one’s ever gotten rich by saving and cutting out coffee.” - Monika Jazyk
- “There’s a lot to be said about simplifying and focusing on one area, one market, one niche.” - Dan Lesniak
- “If you’re not paying, you don’t pay attention.” - Monika Jazyk
Tags: Monika Jazyk, Real Property Investments, don’t trade time for money, make your money work for you, women in real estate investing, HyperFast Wealth, real estate investing, HyperFast, HyperFast Academy, HyperFast Agent, HyperFast Agent Podcast, HyperFast Agent Coaching, Keri Shull, Keri Shull real estate, Keri Shull coaching, Keri Shull podcast, Dan Lesniak, Dan Lesniak real estate, Dan Lesniak coaching, Dan Lesniak podcast, Keri Shull Team, Orangelinelivingteam, real estate, real estate coaching, real estate training, real estate career, real estate entrepreneur