In this episode of The Hyperfast Agent Podcast, host Dan Lesniak presents at the 2020 HyperFast Sales Summit. Dan shares how he has used different marketing strategies throughout the growth of his business and how agents can use those same methods no matter what market they operate in!
- In Dan’s first year, he sold over $22M while bringing home over 75% of his GCI.
- With a smattering of experience with marketing, Dan knows what it takes to bring in leads with all sorts of budgets.
- Depending on where you are in your career, you’ll either be spending time or money on leads.
- Dan looks at marketing in 2 ways; you can use the lighthouse strategy or tugboat strategy.
- Paid social media, organic, direct mail, email, and texts are just some of the marketing methods that agents can use.
- The hook in the subject line of your email has to grab people’s attention or it will just get lost.
- We live in a scrolling society where you only have a few seconds to grab someone’s attention with any content.
- Include examples of your past success as a transition into why they should choose you as an agent.
- Social proof, testimonials, and demonstrations of your strategy give them a reason to continue reading.
- Give them a clear offer so they know exactly what action you want them to take.
- If you’re having trouble at any part of your process, you need to take a look at your hook, transition and offer.
- It’s important to paint yourself as an expert while remaining approachable without being condescending.
- Many prospects aren’t aware of the problems that they face in their market; it’s up to you to educate them.
- Show them the problems and challenges that they are going to face and then show them that you know how to solve their issues.
- When it comes time to sell, get as detailed as possible with your ads and retargeting.
- Retargeting ads are generally warm or hot leads, usually making them cheaper.
- Depending on behavior and search history, people can be split between intent-based and disruptive-ads.
- Disruptive ads are generally less likely to convert because these people are not actively searching to buy a home.
- While disruptive ads are less likely to convert, they are cheaper and more long-term.
- As a team leader, it is your responsibility to train others to do the prospecting that you do not want to do.
- Expired listings are a cheap way to get your prospecting efforts off the ground for new agents.
- Many times, agents of expired properties do not inform their clients that the listing has expired.
- Stay in touch with past clients with newsletters, gifting, and quarterly events, even online ones.
- These methods will work in any market, it just might take some tweaking and consistency.
- Even if your strategies are working, it’s still important to always track, analyze, and refine.
- When it comes to a newsletter, send them out as often as you can, while providing interesting content.
- Depending on where you are with your business, one of these methods might work better than the rest.
3 Key Points:
- When it comes to prospecting, you have to have an enticing hook, a smooth pivot or transition, and a clear offer of what action you want them to take.
- General branding, getting people to take action, and retargeting are the 3 methods that Dan and Keri use to market themselves.
- Intent-based ads are designed to get in front of prospects that have shown intent to take action. Disruptive ads are designed for prospects that do not go to the internet to search for a home.
- “Whatever message you send, it has to be unique and give people a compelling reason to open it.” - Dan Lesniak
- “Make prospects aware of their problems and your solutions. Many prospects don’t know their problems.” - Dan Lesniak
- “Retargeting is just getting back in front of people that didn’t take action or getting in front of people that you want to take more action.” - Dan Lesniak
- “You need to get into that track, analyze, and refine mode...Even if it is working, that doesn’t mean you can’t change it.” - Dan Lesniak
Tags: lead generation, internet leads, real estate leads, HyperFast, HyperFast Academy, HyperFast Agent, HyperFast Agent Podcast, HyperFast Agent Coaching, Keri Shull, Keri Shull real estate, Keri Shull coaching, Keri Shull podcast, Dan Lesniak, Dan Lesniak real estate, Dan Lesniak coaching, Dan Lesniak podcast, Keri Shull Team, Orangelinelivingteam, real estate, real estate coaching, real estate training, real estate career, real estate entrepreneur