During this episode of the HyperFast Agent Podcast, host Dan Lesniak speaks with business investor and TikTok expert Louis Kim. Louis shares what agents need to do to run their businesses more efficiently, and provides insights and suggestions about how to use TikTok to build your audience online.
- Louis Kim was a realtor in his early twenties, and then bought his first franchise and became a business investor. His investments right now focus on assisted living.
- He describes why a well-run assisted living center is a good business.
- Louis talks about the importance of encouraging growth around you if you want to be a good leader and run a solid business.
- Any business ultimately comes down to people.
- A common mistake he sees is that agents don’t talk enough about their numbers.
- First they need to understand gross, top-level numbers, and capture rate.
- You need to know your key metrics.
- Identify and simplify the big picture to create action and motion.
- There's not actually a ton of numbers that you need to know. Just check on your metrics weekly.
- Numbers help you project into the future.
- On TikTok, he is documenting his weight loss journey. He is simply documenting what he's doing.
- TikTok is a creative platform with a large organic reach.
- What differentiates TikTok from any other social media platform is that it divides a line between who you follow and what they think you're going to like.
- Right now the For You page has deep organic reach.
- Louis explains how content goes viral on TikTok.
- Most of what you should put out should be for the algorithm. Challenges, songs, things that are trending that allow you to get in front of people.
- As an agent, you should display something you're very good at.
- Dan tells us about some of the content he had created on TikTok.
- If you're shy about getting behind the camera, Tik Tok will give you the freedom to mess up.
- During this time, agents should be producing content, providing value, and staying in touch with clients.
- Stay in the game.
- His biggest advice to a new agent is to find the people who are doing it well and use their model.
- Louis shares the importance of never falling in love with a deal if you’re an investor.
- Dan talks about the one time he lost money on a deal.
- Louis describes the biggest challenge he’s faced and how he came out of it.
- Challenges change you for the better if you push through them.
3 Key Points:
1. Agents need to know their numbers and metrics to create an efficient business.
2. There’s a huge opportunity right now to use TikTok to build an audience.
3. When making content for TikTok, consider their algorithm because things that are trending will allow you to get in front of people.
- “In order to be the leader, you have to really humble yourself to the people around you and you have to really encourage growth around you.” – Louis Kim
- “If you're not spending your time efficiently in the right areas, producing the numbers, you're just not going to get where you want to go.” – Louis Kim
- “Right now the For You page has a really deep organic reach. So there's a huge opportunity to build an audience through the For You page." – Louis Kim
- “If you're an agent trying to grow an audience, I think it is a fantastic opportunity in trying to create that voice and creating that niche for yourself.” – Louis Kim
- “This is not the time to shutter. This is the time to go out there and be on top of things.” – Louis Kim
Louis Kim Facebook, Instagram, TikTok: @salty8sian