During Episode 61 of The HyperFast Agent Podcast, host Dan Lesniak speaks with Diego Corzo. Corzo is a DACA recipient, investor, and agent who teaches others how to build their wealth through real estate investments. He shares the inspiring story of how he achieved his American dream despite considerable obstacles.
- Diego Corzo ran into major obstacles due to his immigration status. At 19 he found he couldn’t drive, work, or get financial loans to put himself through school.
- Corzo overcame these obstacles by forming his own LLC and becoming a contractor to cover the cost of attending college.
- When Corzo was 22, DACA passed. This allowed him to get a corporate job as a software developer.
- Corzo was committed to maintaining a positive mindset and taking action to see results.
- He decided he would not let his circumstances stop him from achieving his vision.
- In 2017, the current administration decided to terminate the DACA program. When Corzo shared his story, it went viral.
- He used this opportunity to help other Dreamers buy homes.
- According to Corzo, the American dream is something that we create based on our perseverance.
- Corzo runs a real estate team in Austin, Texas. He works almost exclusively through referrals.
- He created a detailed procedures manual that allowed him to free up more of his time.
- We learn how Corzo established his referral network.
- Don’t neglect renters. They will eventually become buyers.
- Corzo built an amazing business by helping his friends.
- Corzo started building passive income through house hacking.
- House hacking is a home buying strategy that involves paying a low down payment then getting roommates or short-term vacation renters to cover the mortgage.
- House hacking worked so well for Corzo that he started teaching others how to do it too.
- Realtors just starting out should spend a day or two shadowing a realtor who has what they want to have.
- Surround yourself with people who have achieved what you want to achieve.
- Just start taking action instead of becoming paralyzed.
- Corzo went from being a student who would actively avoid public speaking to a presenter at TEDx.
3 Key Points:
- You can overcome major obstacles and turn those obstacles into opportunities to help others.
- You can build a strong referral network by helping your friends and trying to lift them up.
- House hacking is one strategy for using real estate investments to build a passive income stream.