During Episode 78 of The HyperFast Agent Podcast, host Keri Shull speaks with Cory Rosier, VP at Big Block Realty and a legendary recruiter. Rosier shares how he makes the recruiting process all about the agent. This episode is perfect for anyone looking to expand their team.
- Cory Rosier has personally recruited over 1200 agents.
- One of the biggest challenges in real estate right now is recruiting.
- The biggest thing is making the recruiting process about the agent.
- Many brokerages just talk about themselves.
- Clients choose agents, not brokerages.
- Ask recruits what they’re thinking, why they are making a move, and how you can support them in their business.
- Changing brokerages is like changing jobs. It’s a big move.
- Regardless of whether they join you, you’re building the relationship.
- What are the things that are important to agents?
- People think it’s about commission.
- What kind of support you offer is more important than commission.
- Response time is also very important.
- The brokerage should help the agent with their personal brand.
- The broker should be behind the scenes helping them as little or as much as they want.
- Keri describes her experiences leaving RE/MAX and Keller Williams. She didn't lose any business in her moves.
- A lot of brokerages out there want to convince you to do things their way.
- Go somewhere that you really enjoy.
- Fit the culture of the brokerage you choose.
- How do you create a culture that's magnetic to the right people?
- Just be honest with you who are and what you want to portray.
3 Key Points:
- When recruiting, make it about the agent and not about the brokerage.
- The industry is changing in ways that make which brokerage you work for much less relevant.
- When selecting a brokerage, choose based on the culture you want to be a part of.