During Episode 76 of The HyperFast Agent Podcast, host Keri Shull speaks with Rick Rudman, CEO of Curbio. Curbio uses an innovative business model to help homeowners renovate to make more money before selling. Rick shares how Curbio uses speed, simplicity, and transparency to significantly increase the homeowner’s profit.
- Curbio helps homeowners renovate before putting their home on the market so they can sell it for more money.
- This service essentially helps homeowners flip homes themselves instead of giving that money to investors.
- Keri has been through this process with buyers before and knows their many fears and objections.
- Agents are afraid of spending the time to take clients through the renovation process.
- Homeowners and agents know that a move-in ready home that's been renovated is going to sell for more money.
- When clients object to renovating it’s because they don't have the time, expertise, or money. These fears boil down to uncertainty and fear.
- Curbio defers all renovation costs until closing.
- Your clients do not pay them for any of the work until closing.
- They’ll wait as long as it takes for the house to sell.
- Clients sign a contract stipulating that the home will stay listed, they have a realtor working with them, and they will lower the listing price by 2% for every month the house is on the market.
- The Curbio process is about speed, simplicity, and transparency.
- They only work with homeowners that have a real estate agent.
- Unlike a traditional renovation process, Curbio can provide a fixed price proposal within days.
- Because they only do pre-sale renovation, Curbio is built around essentially knowing what products and projects they need to do to make sure the homeowner is going to make a profit.
- They complete the majority of their projects in 4-5 weeks.
- What if you could go to the seller and tell them they could add 100k value to their home in 4-5 weeks?
- They’re bringing modern technology to an outdated industry.
- Keri applied to do a reality tv show with this concept.
- Because you're helping them manifest more money, homeowners will remember you and this will translate to conversations with friends and family members.
- The average homeowner is getting back 2x what they put in in our project.
- Learn which cities Curbio is available in and where they’re expanding soon.
- Curbio provides a way for any realtor or broker to provide a concierge service.
- Keri explains why she was skeptical when she first heard of this concept.
- There is no catch. Curbio makes money on volume and efficiency.
3 Key Points:
- Curbio helps homeowners renovate before listing their homes while deferring renovation costs until closing.
- Using Curbio gives agents a competitive advantage in gaining listings because it addresses so many of the fears homeowners have about renovating.
- There’s no catch. Curbio makes a profit based on volume and efficiency.