Suggested Title: Setting a Vision Big Enough to Grow Into with Dan Lesniak
During Episode 109 of the HyperFast Agent Podcast, you’ll hear tips and life advice from Dan Lesniak that will help you make 2020 your best year. Dan shares the importance of having a vision for your team, coming up with ways to incentivize yourself and others, fighting on behalf of your clients, and being willing to adapt to anything thrown your way.
- Many people neglect or feel fearful about setting a vision big enough for other people to grow into.
- If you don't set a vision that's big enough for people to grow into, your top people are going to leave when they outgrow the vision or the path that they are on.
- On Dan & Keri’s team, they have created a lot of new positions.
- A lot of times this has been because helpful feedback has led them to make bigger positions.
- No matter where you are, you need to start thinking about having a vision that involves others.
- Think about where your people will be in a year, then three years, then five years.
- Come up with fun ways to incentivize yourself and your team.
- Salespeople are motivated by competition, awards, and recognition.
- Hold sales contests.
- You can make incentives for yourself. For instance, if you hit a certain number of calls for a week, then you can give yourself a reward.
- Come up with ways to motivate yourself and motivate your team members through incentives and sales contests.
- Fight for your clients and what they deserve.
- Don't worry about how it looks. Don't worry about what other people think. Worry about doing right by your clients.
- No matter what is happening around you, always have the mindset that you will adapt and overcome.
- Mailing it in or making excuses doesn't build toughness, grit, and resilience.
- Dan doesn't know what the weather will be like on the day of his next Ironman. He knows he needs to be prepared for any environment. The same is true in your business.
- If you decide that no matter what happens, it's going to be your market, then that's what matters.
- 2020 is going to be Dan's best year. If you have that mentality, it will happen for you too.
3 Key Points:
1. It’s important to set a vision for the people on your team.
2. Find fun ways to incentivize yourself and your team.
3. Fight for your clients and always do right by them.
- “If you don't set a vision that's big enough for people to grow into, your top people are going to leave when they outgrow the vision or the path that they are on.” – Dan Lesniak
- “Come up with ways to motivate yourself and motivate your team members.” – Dan Lesniak
- “Sales contests sometimes are key.” – Dan Lesniak
- “I believe you should go to hell and back to fight for your clients and what they deserve." – Dan Lesniak
- “If you decide that no matter what happens, it's going to be your market, then that's what matters.” – Dan Lesniak
Dan Lesniak bio, Facebook, Twitter