On this segment of HyperFast Wealth, host Dan Lesniak and co-host Sunil Saxena are showing you their goals for 2021 and explain why your goals should scare you. This episode comes at the perfect time to start planning your 2021 business goals.
- In the last episode, Sunil and Dan went into detail about all the projects that they have in the pipeline.
- When you go to set your goals, look back at what you’ve accomplished in the last 5-10 years.
- Sunil believes it’s important to set big goals because you really don’t know what you’re capable of.
- Sunil has doubled his equity raise goal for next year to $40M, 4x the amount they raised last year.
- This year, Dan and Sunil built the foundation for their business to skyrocket into the future.
- Your goals should make you feel a little bit uncomfortable or you might be thinking too small.
- Dan and Sunil have both financial goals as well as goals for building their team.
- Due to COVID, the educational and networking side of Dan and Sunil’s business has moved online.
- There are other strategies and ventures that Dan and Sunil have where they can deploy capital in the future.
- All the pieces of the business come together to both fuel growth and add value to others.
- People have a tendency to chase many exciting ventures rather than focusing on their strongest sector.
- Depending on where you are in your career, your goals are going to be different than Dan and Sunil’s goals.
- Looking back, what used to scare Dan and Sunil are numbers that they hit every couple of weeks now.
- Hit your short-term goals while keeping an eye on your long-term goals throughout the process.
- People struggle with their long-term goals because they don’t understand compound interest with their own development.
- Don’t make the mistake of overestimating your short-term goals while underestimating your long-term goals.
3 Key Points:
- It’s important to look back at what your goals were 5-10 years ago when setting your goals for next year. Think of how far you have come and where you can go in the future.
- Think big. Your goals should make you feel a little bit uncomfortable because there’s no growth in setting a goal that is easy to achieve.
- Sunil and Dan are looking to hold 20-30% of the units that they build in order to expand their portfolio.
- “When we talk about goal setting, it’s important to set big goals...It’s amazing what you can accomplish.” - Sunil Saxena
- “What we do is we take capital and we find opportunities.” - Sunil Saxena
- “If your goals don’t make you feel a little bit uncomfortable...you may be thinking too small.” - Dan Lesniak
- “If you’re starting out, just take one thing and build it to a point to where it’s cash flowing or whatever your objectives are.” - Sunil Saxena
- “Really with goal setting you need 2 things...you need a long-term vision...and after that, you need a 90-day plan.” - Sunil Saxena
Tags: Sunil Saxena, 2021 goal setting, goal setting, 10 year goal, quarterly goals, HyperFast Wealth, real estate investing, HyperFast, HyperFast Academy, HyperFast Agent, HyperFast Agent Podcast, HyperFast Agent Coaching, Keri Shull, Keri Shull real estate, Keri Shull coaching, Keri Shull podcast, Dan Lesniak, Dan Lesniak real estate, Dan Lesniak coaching, Dan Lesniak podcast, Keri Shull Team, Orangelinelivingteam, real estate, real estate coaching, real estate training, real estate career, real estate entrepreneur