On this episode of The Hyperfast Agent Podcast, we listen in on the Social Panel as they present at the 2020 HyperFast Sales Summit. The panel, comprised of Tristan Ahumada (Lab Coat Agents), Eric Simon (The Broke Agent), Dylan Tent (The Helirealtor), Eric Delgado (Optimé Holdings), and Lana Rodriguez (The Lana Rodriguez Group), offers numerous tips and tricks to help you master different social media platforms like TikTok, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Lana went from zero, to a TikTok superstar, during the pandemic after she was blocked from Facebook.
- Download the app, scroll through and relate to the content, and start posting content.
- Instagram has recently changed its algorithm to promote Reels, Instagram’s version of TikTok.
- Eric Simon has approached TikTok by trying to convert his memes into actual videos that people can relate to.
- On TikTok, you can copy what other people are doing because it’s a copycat platform.
- Dylan was originally a helicopter pilot and would stick out by making engaging videos and pictures of the houses.
- During the pandemic, Dylan has been able to reach new clients via social media, sometimes even through their kids.
- Eric Delgado goes all-in on LinkedIn because of the 3 degrees of separation that LinkedIn emphasizes.
- Leveraging LinkedIn is one of Eric’s specialties, emphasizing his efforts on the connections that can lead to a warm introduction.
- Once her first video went viral, Lana realized that TikTok was for more than just girls doing dances.
- There are a plethora of ways to use TikTok, such as entertainment, posting content, and building your brand.
- Utilize TikTok’s draft folder if you’re not quite sure about a video because it might grow on you.
- Eric Simon gets content from like-minded accounts on social media, clients, houses, and DMs from followers.
- Businesses can increase their engagement on social media by focusing on the first 3 seconds of their videos.
- Dylan emphasizes the point that he can get more eyes on his clients’ houses than anyone else.
- Eric Delgado gets on LinkedIn numerous times a day via a mix of posting and engaging with others, most of the time connecting with others on the backend.
- Comments on LinkedIn can be just as valuable as posting itself.
- Eric Delgado gets on LinkedIn at the beginning of his day, his preparation, and at the end of the day, his posting.
- Replying to comments as much as possible helps your post look like it is doing well and excites followers by establishing a more personal relationship.
- TikTok’s algorithm is one that sees engagement go down late at night and go up in the middle of the day.
- Dylan tries to reply to every comment he can, even teasing people when they say something dumb because people love all engagement.
- Eric Simon gained a large amount of notoriety by commenting on other creators’ content in his industry.
- People who think they suck at LinkedIn might just have not spent the time to see its true value.
- Dylan has been able to leverage his helicopter tour business to increase his success in his real estate business.
- Success on social media looks different for every agent, whether it comes in the form of a connection or a closing.
- Lana’s favorite social media platform is TikTok because it lets her be who she really is without judgment.
- Eric Simon’s favorite social media platform is Instagram because it is more intimate than Facebook.
- Dylan’s favorite social media platform is Instagram because he has been able to make the most money off of it.
- Eric Delgado’s favorite social media platform is Facebook because that’s where he goes to post about his family.
3 Key Points:
- Dylan Tent has turned his social media videos into entertaining content by doing stunts or using his helicopter and he has seen great results.
- Defining who you are, what you want to accomplish, your message, and disentangling the relationships that you have built over time are the best ways to utilize LinkedIn.
- You never know what content is going to hit hard with your audience, so make sure to use the draft folder and it might grow on you.
- “The more you use TikTok the better it’s going to be for you on Instagram and stuff as well.” - Eric Simon
- “You never know who you’re going to reach on these platforms.” Dylan Tent
- “If you can master creating a warm introduction with somebody who knows somebody that you need to get in front of, the game’s over.” - Eric Delgado
- “If you have 10-15 minutes in a day, comment on 10-15 accounts and you’ll see your following go up a lot more.” - Eric Simon
- “Conversations lead to closings.” - Dylan Tent