In this episode of The Hyperfast Agent Podcast, host Dan Lesniak speaks with the Founder of HomeFlow, Laura Moreno. Laura faced a plethora of challenges when she and her husband bought their first home just three years ago. Since then, she has built a podcast and an entire company that helps home buyers beat those challenges.
- Laura and her husband had an alright experience when buying their first apartment just three years ago.
- HomeFlow makes the home-finding process more efficient by allowing buyers to sort homes into levels of interest.
- Real estate agents make the mistake of not putting themselves in their buyers’ shoes.
- Homebuyers can be a pain for real estate agents and HomeFlow aims to educate buyers to avoid that pain.
- The time-consuming process of finding a home can be stressful for both the agent and buyer.
- Laura and her husband did not like the lack of transparency involved with the closing process.
- Real estate agents do not have the time to educate every single buyer on the process.
- HomeFlow gives agents more time by answering the most common questions for them.
- Laura worked full-time as a project manager at a tech company while interviewing countless people on the home-buying process.
- The podcast allows home buyers to be educated without taking too much time out of their day.
- The platform includes education and messaging tools that can help home buyers, agents, lenders, and lawyers communicate more efficiently.
- Agents and homebuyers can collaborate in one common place when the platform is complete.
- Education will be available in multiple forms including free courses, podcasts, and communication forums.
- There will be challenges down the road with different state regulations and a lack of funding.
- HomeFlow is working on creating free content that home buyers are already looking for.
- Real estate agents must provide value to the buyer through education first so they know what is coming.
- Homebuyers need to be talked through the rollercoaster of emotions that are headed their way.
- Education is not all on the agent; home buyers need to educate themselves on the process.
- When she’s not working on her business, Laura enjoys spending time with her son and husband.
- In 5 years, Laura sees HomeFlow improving the home-buying experience for millions of people.
3 Key Points:
- Laura found a pain point when purchasing her first apartment and ultimately left her job to build a company around that pain point.
- HomeFlow aims to educate buyers on the home-buying process before they ever reach out to an agent with common questions.
- Right now, the biggest challenge that HomeFlow is facing is a lack of people, hours, and funding. The need and want already exist amongst agents and buyers.
- “What we do is we focus on helping home buyers and in order to help home buyers we also at the same time want to focus on helping real estate agents.” - Laura Moreno
- “Every situation buying a home is going to be different, but 90-95% of the time it’s going to be the same.” - Dan Lesniak
- “We also want to build several home-buying courses. One could be how to buy your first home, how to increase your credit score...and all the information from those courses will be free for the home buyer.” - Laura Moreno
- “Homebuyers, they want to have that one place, that one platform because now everything for them is all over the place.”
- “Don’t assume that they know anything. They know nothing at all about home buying...so if you take that time to educate them, it’s going to be a much better experience for you.” - Laura Moreno