During Episode 83 of The HyperFast Agent Podcast, host Dan Lesniak speaks with Sunil Saxena, a former ER doctor who has run and sold six businesses in the real estate industry and now works as a real estate developer. Sunil shares how investing creates big opportunities for agents, investors, and end users. Learn how to think differently about your commission checks and start earning truly passive income through real estate investing.
- Sunil Saxena worked as an ER doctor for eight years but is truly a businessman at heart.
- He has run and sold six businesses in the real estate industry. He loves real estate because he feels that he is helping so many people.
- He also loves providing an incredible end product for users.
- Sunil gets investors 15% returns on their money. It's a hands-off investment and a great program for anybody who wants to invest.
- If you’re an agent, start thinking past just getting a commission check.
- Somehow you should be investing in real estate.
- Agents need to get better at getting broke for the right reason. Get that money working for you.
- Find projects to invest in. Find projects that will help you earn passive income.
- If you can partner with a builder or a developer, and learn how to find investors, it will have benefits far beyond the project you're doing.
- Get beyond this idea of only providing one solution.
- Being a one-stop shop creates a ton more value for everyone in your sphere.
- Start working with investors regardless of where you are in your career.
- If you’re not working with investors, you’re leaving out a huge segment of the market.
- Look for a building partner with a great track record.
- How many projects have they done? How successful have they been? Have they delivered on time and on budget?
- Also assess a building partner based on their ability to analyze a deal.
- They only do projects that have a 20-25% buffer.
- This buffer is a safety issue that helps with managing risk.
- Part of this business is being able to get things done quickly.
- Learn what affects the timing of a project.
- Sunil only works with people who understand urgency.
- Dan and Sunil take us on site to see three of their projects.
- Project #1 is the beginning phase.
- Project #2 is in the middle of the process.
- Project #3 is nearing completion.
- Dan’s main takeaway after seeing these three projects was the speed of the process.
- Fast turnover is good for you and your investors.
- Dan tells the story of how he first partnered with investors.
- Rental property returns aren’t great in Northern Virginia.
- They’re providing a true passive income in real estate for investors who don’t have real estate expertise.
- You need to find ways to create income that’s truly passive.
- Find ways to create passive income for other people.
3 Key Points:
- Begin investing in real estate and working with investors.
- When looking for a builder partner, consider their track record carefully.
- Create passive income for yourself and others.