During this episode of the HyperFast Agent Podcast, host Dan Lesniak speaks with Jonathan Chvala, a new agent who is enjoying an amazing start to his career despite the lockdowns. Jonathan offers a refreshing perspective on being someone that clients can trust by building rapport, being relatable, and demonstrating expertise.
- Jonathan Chvala has done twelve deals so far this year, which is three deals per month. This is an impressive achievement for a new agent.
- His love of people and numbers drew him to real estate. He also has an interest in architecture.
- His favorite thing about being an agent is supporting people through the emotional decision of buying a home.
- Jonathan describes how he builds trust quickly in the open house environment.
- Age doesn't matter in real estate. You are never too young or too old to succeed.
- Show clients they can come to you for help.
- In an open house, he asks buyers how long they've been looking. He tries to relate to what's going in their lives and in the world. He's demonstrating that he's down-to-Earth.
- Establish rapport, relatability, and expertise.
- You have a thirty-second elevator pitch at open houses to sell them on your service.
- Jonathan tells prospective buyers about the team and how many deals they do that are off-market.
- The clients have a pain point because they've been searching for a while and Jonathan offers a solution to that pain point.
- He strives to be the approachable, friendly expert.
- Jonathan has approached open houses as an opportunity to create as many leads as possible.
- In the DC area, the market is still very competitive.
- Jonathan recently ratified a deal where they had to compete with twelve offers. They escalated 50k above the list price.
- He's encouraging buyers to take advantage of the lockdown because there are fewer buyers to compete with right now than there will be when it lifts.
- Dan and Jonathan discuss how to overcome the limitations of Zoom calls.
- Book a showing while you're on the Zoom call.
- Cultivate the mindset that you will close the next step of the process each time you meet.
- You just have to close someone 4 times and you can ratify a deal.
- The lockdown has been the biggest challenge of Jonathan’s career so far.
- He advises new agents to do everything and not to be lazy.
3 Key Points:
1. You can build trust within the first five minutes of meeting a prospect.
2. Identify a pain point early and provide a solution.
3. Develop a habit of closing the next step in the process every time you meet.
- “Age is not a factor. You're never too young...or too old to start out and make money in this industry.” – Dan Lesniak
- “By offering a solution, you're positioning yourself as an expert.” – Dan Lesniak
- “The market is still very competitive out there right now.” – Jonathan Chvala
- “You need to always be closing for the next step in the process.” – Dan Lesniak
- “If you basically have the mindset to close them to the next step every time you meet them, you will ratify a deal in like a week. It's that easy.” – Jonathan Chvala
Jonathan Chvala Instagram, Facebook