During Episode 82 of The HyperFast Agent Podcast, host Keri Shull speaks with Ruth Krishnan, a Top 1% realtor in the San Francisco market, about how to leverage gifting throughout a transaction, and beyond. Ruth shares how she approaches gift giving, the types of gifts she gives, and how to create a system for automating your giving. Use this episode to help you differentiate yourself with thoughtful client gifts.
- Ruth Krishnan is a top agent in San Francisco, and she’s an expert in gift giving and networking your way into new niches.
- She likes gifts to look luxurious.
- Consider your packaging and presentation carefully.
- For example, Ruth sends chocolate to clients that is packaged so beautifully that people send her pictures of it when they receive it.
- People fail with gifting because they pick things that are really inexpensive.
- Ruth’s team sends out chocolate for birthdays, anniversaries, and referrals.
- Find ways to make it easier to automate gift giving.
- We’re all guilty of wanting to get someone a gift and then not getting it.
- In the moment, delegate your gift giving to someone on your team that can execute your intention.
- How does Ruth know who to gift to, and what to gift to them?
- She goes through her CRM and categorizes all of her contacts.
- 50-120 of her contacts are VVIPs. These are contacts who have the capacity to give her 5 or more referrals.
- Come up with a program someone on your team can implement.
- Pay attention. Be on Facebook and take notice when big events happen in your clients’ lives.
- Ruth has a long list of go-to gifting items.
- Don’t order things with your name on them.
- One of your first assistants should help you organize a gifting program.
- Getting someone to help you keep track of people is key.
- Ruth figured out that if she could hire an assistant that could help her close three more transactions per year, that assistant would pay for herself.
- Consider time blocking for gifts.
- Ruth does provide closing gifts.
- Ruth and Keri talk about why home warranties don’t make good closing gifts.
- Ruth shares what she gives clients at closing.
- Keri asks herself what clients might need to have a wonderful moving day.
- Keri describes how she keeps the giving going post-transaction.
- Use gifting as a point of differentiation.
3 Key Points:
- Give beautiful gifts that are thoughtfully packaged.
- With the help of an assistant, create a gift-giving system that can be automated.
- Consider strategic gifting as a way that you can differentiate yourself as an agent.