During Episode 86 of The HyperFast Agent Podcast, host Keri Shull speaks with Long Doan about tuning into your emotional intelligence to build your business. He shares how he built meaningful relationships that helped him go from 0-400 properties in just six months. This episode is packed with advice that will help you assess your strengths and grow like never before.
- Long Doan has been in the real estate industry for 27 years. He closed 1000 transactions in his first four years a realtor.
- In 2014 he started Realty Group 2.0, which has 425+ agents.
- Real estate is a people business.
- People will work with you because they know and like you.
- Long shares the story of how he deliberately built his business with a vision.
- He spent a full year getting to know asset managers in another state.
- He went from 0-400 properties in six months.
- He was focused on what he wanted to build, and the foundation he wanted to have.
- Long has the fastest start in real estate that Keri has ever heard about.
- Not every path to success is the same. You need to know yourself to know how you will best succeed.
- Long shares the seven different styles of success.
- The seven styles are: Hunter, Farmer, Expert, Hyperlocalist, Billboard, Lifestyle, and Tribal.
- Maximize your strengths before you work on your weaknesses.
- He knew he was good at building relationships. He started there knowing he could figure out the rest later.
- Keri encourages listeners to really assess their strengths.
- Keri shares how her ability to recognize her strengths and weaknesses has helped her business thrive.
- She hired to compensate for her weaknesses.
- Long gives his agents strengths assessments then follows up with a playbook.
- When you’re doing the right activities for your personality, you can double your business.
- Emotional intelligence can help you fast-track relationships.
- There are four things you need to know in emotional intelligence: self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship management.
- Once trust is broken, it is very hard to mend.
- Long has a system and a process for everything.
- Long provides advice about hiring and training.
- If you know someone is weak at something, don’t have them do it.
- Every relationship in your life will benefit when you learn more about EQ.
- Don’t think about commission. Think about helping others.
- Any time you get the opportunity, ask what you can do for others.
3 Key Points:
- Long had an extremely quick start in real estate because he focused on building relationships and trust.
- Know your strengths and focus on them.
- Cultivate emotional intelligence to improve every relationship in your life.