During Episode 84 of The HyperFast Agent Podcast, host Dan Lesniak speaks with Gary Boomershine, a real estate investor and Fortune 500 consultant, about how to use direct mail to find off-market deals. Gary shares his unique value proposition that can help you find ways to offer sellers more than just one solution.
- Gary Boomershine runs realestateinvestor.com, the largest marketer in the real estate niche.
- He has sent out over 36 million pieces of direct mail.
- Direct mail is measurable, predictable, and scalable.
- Decide who your target market is, how you're going to find them, and what your message is going to be.
- Direct mail is a numbers game.
- There are 6 M’s in direct mail: market, message, media, multiple, months, and money.
- The market is the targeted list.
- The message is the copy you put in front of that list.
- The media is postcard vs. letter vs. package vs. text message.
- The multiple is how many times to send and how frequently.
- The I Buyer market is going after a whole new niche.
- Gary describes his three main lists.
- His system is about finding investor grade properties that are unlikely to go retail.
- One of the keys to off-market marketing is the cost per deal.
- For direct mail to work, there must be a massive amount of follow up.
- This also requires a dedicated phone team.
- Gary describes the efficiency of his team and the system they provide.
- Gary provides a few secrets to effective direct mail.
- Do not put your website on a piece of direct mail. Phone numbers convert better.
- Follow up letters are part of their system.
- Text message follow up is very effective.
- Gary and Dan discuss the value of mastermind groups.
- Gary shares how the book Traction changed his business.
- Gary is in nine mastermind groups and has four coaches.
- If there’s an area of your life where could benefit from accountability, find a coach.
- Implementing the Traction system is all about having a leader that is fully committed to implementation.
3 Key Points:
- Direct mail marketing is a measurable, predictable, scalable way to find off-market deals.
- Gary uses a system for finding investor-grade properties that are not likely to go retail.
- You can capture much more business when you’re able to provide more than one solution.