During this episode of the HyperFast Agent Podcast, host Dan Lesniak speaks with D.J. Paris, President of Sales and Marketing at Chicago-based Kale Realty. D.J. shares why now is a great time to focus on learning and meeting the massive need for connection. He shares smart recruiting strategies for leaders that are also applicable for solo agents.
- D.J. and Dan begin the episode by speaking about how Kale Realty is handling the coronavirus crisis.
- D.J. thinks the level of support to realtors will go up after this crisis.
- Prior to this, his brokerage offered daily Facebook Lives. Now, they are training on Facebook Live twice daily to stay in touch while stuck at home.
- This is a great time to work on deepening relationships. Let people know that you're thinking about them and care about them.
- Make it your mission every day to contact a certain number of people.
- Although they have close to 700 realtors, they're still a small family-owned company.
- The vast majority of their realtors work remotely.
- D.J. came from a corporate marketing background. When he came on board, he wasn't familiar with the real estate industry.
- As they were figuring out how to recruit top brokers, they started looking at the 100% model with a flat fee.
- They now have the resources they always wanted for their realtors.
- D.J.’s podcast, Keeping It Real, was created to feature the top agents in Chicago. It has now expanded to feature agents nationwide.
- He committed to doing a few episodes each week for the first full year.
- Agents right now have more time to learn and consume content. Dedicate your extra time to learning.
- Dan and D.J. talk about the benefits of hosting a podcast.
- The key to Kale Realty’s growth has been their focus on transparency.
- They attract a very specific type of agent and know their market.
- They think of themselves as cheerleaders and coaches that recognize the successes in others.
- You can use the same principle as an agent, working your database. Know where your clients work. Before you call them, see what's going on with their companies so you can celebrate their successes.
- Show people that you care and that you notice.
- They have backed off some of their marketing efforts out of respect for what's going on.
- They've been reaching out to their agents twice daily.
- If you lead a time, now is the time to let your agents know how much they mean to you.
- Remember that internal marketing matters.
- People want to work with people who care about them.
- Don’t forget how important it is to connect.
- D.J. shares his answers to the HyperFast round.
3 Key Points:
1. We have more time right now to let people know we're thinking of them. Take advantage of this opportunity to connect.
2. When recruiting, know your market and put out messaging that attracts that type of person.
3. Let people know what you're doing to help them, whether you’re a team leader or a solo agent.
- “You've got to double down on the things that are working now and the things that are working well.” – Dan Lesniak
- “Right now? What a great opportunity to learn and read the books you didn't have time to. Listen to those podcasts.” – D.J. Paris
- “If you're looking to recruit more agents for your firm, call other agents when they have successes and celebrate that with them.” – D.J. Paris
- “What we have seen is a tremendous need to connect.” – D.J. Paris
- “Let's not forget how important it is to connect.” – D.J. Paris
Keeping It Real Podcast website; Facebook