During Episode 97 of The HyperFast Agent Podcast, Ricky Carruth, realtor and owner of Zero to Diamond Coaching, teaches the audience at the HyperFast Sales Summit why they should value people over deals. Ricky shares why you don’t need to be afraid of a market crash, how to help people feel comfortable with you, and how to take advantage of his free coaching program.
- Ricky’s mission is to reduce the failure rate in the real estate industry one agent at a time.
- He's taken on the challenge of becoming the first completely free coach.
- In his coaching program, he shares how he built his business and what systems he uses for free.
- It took him eight months to make his first sale. Once he made his first sale he started selling two a month. He did not know what to do with the money.
- With the crash, he eventually went bankrupt and went back to roofing houses and then worked on an oil rig.
- He read one hundred books over two years and realized what he had done wrong. He realized he valued deals over people.
- If Ricky had maintained relationships during the crash, he would've been able to help those clients through the crash.
- Now he’s spreading the message of what he learned through the crash.
- Closings happen every single day regardless of what the market does.
- Agents are scared of a crash happening while they're building their business.
- Business is unlimited.
- Competition doesn't exist. Forget competition.
- How many people are you going to talk to today? How many people are you going to connect with today?
- Real estate is so simple. It comes down to just a couple of basic things.
- The little things that you do on a consistent basis are what will lead you to become a top producer.
- What is the number one job for real estate agents? It's to make people feel comfortable with you.
- If someone doesn't feel comfortable with you, are they going to do business with you?
- Your first impression with someone is the most important.
- How do you make people feel comfortable with you? By feeling comfortable with them.
- How do we become comfortable with people we don't know? By knowing deep down that we're there to help them.
- We have to give people the friend/family effect.
- You make them feel like family by talking to them like they are your brother, mother, son, daughter, cousin, best friend from high school.
- Get 1% better at this every day.
- Top producers outwork everyone. They talk to the most people.
- Calls are still very effective today.
- Top producers talk to the most people with the best of intentions.
- They always put the person and the relationship over the deal.
- Top producers build the biggest personal brand.
- Top producers build a brand around being the hardest-working and most honest agent in the market.
- The free coaching program entails a full 90-day action plan, live training, and direct access to Ricky. He answers every direct message on Instagram.
3 Key Points:
- It’s not about the deal, it’s about the relationship.
- When you have strong relationships, your business can survive through a market crash.
- Top producers talk to the most people and leverage their personal brand.