During Episode 65 of The HyperFast Agent Podcast, host Dan Lesniak speaks with Bud Torcom, CEO of Mazama Media and digital marketing expert, about what agents should be doing to enhance their digital marketing strategy now. Torcom shares his ideas about combining traditional methodologies with digital opportunities to maximize your success.
- Bud’s business began when he offered to manage the social media accounts of local businesses.
- Facebook soon recruited him for their Small Business Council.
- Mazama Media’s largest clients are telecommunications companies and large auto dealership conglomerates.
- Bud describes how agents can use offline conversions to gain more data.
- It takes less money than ever to start your own business.
- Combining old school methods with new techniques will put you on the right path.
- Many people want to avoid the actual grind of getting things done.
- Dial the phone. Do things other people don’t want to do.
- They discuss social media engagement.
- Ads that get comments do better.
- The most shareable emotions are anger and humor.
- The least shareable emotion is sadness.
- All comments help you, even those that hurt your ego.
- Bud describes how one of his posts benefitted from an angry commenter.
- People who leave negative comments are likely in a bad place.
- Put more content out there.
- Real estate agents should be leveraging Facebook Messenger.
- Messenger is an efficient, safe platform that Facebook is investing heavily in right now.
- A side business requires discipline.
- If you’ve found an opening in the market, you should put some serious energy towards it.
- Everyone has enough time and money to try a side hustle.
- The biggest mistake Bud made in business was not taking 51% ownership.
- His advice to new realtors is to knock on doors and do the things other people don’t want to do.
- His advice to experienced agents is to focus on their personal brand.
- Bud describes the biggest business challenge he’s experienced.
- Bud Torcom hopes to continue helping as many entrepreneurs as possible.
3 Key Points:
- Combine old school methodologies with new digital opportunities to maximize success.
- Agents should start maximizing the potential of Facebook Messenger now.
- Everyone has enough time and money to pursue a side hustle.